Oct 5, 2011

A new addition to the family!

Today I bought a betta fish at Walmart. I had to pick up a couple of prescriptions (last month of Accutane, yaaaay!) and while I was waiting, I strolled up and down the aisles (always dangerous) and impulsively purchased a fish. (I also bought some air filters for our apartment and margarine, but this information is not relevant.)

It's a blue crowntail and he looks a lot like this:

We've named him Tobias and he's pretty cool. I need to buy some of those aquarium rocks and a plant because the fishbowl looks a little sad. But we'll see if he dies in the next couple of days before I put more money into his habitat haha.

Nathan and I have been planning on buying a fish for a year and we never got around to it. We didn't know Walmart sold fish other than goldfish and frozen tilapia, so when I saw the bettas, I was like YES! and picked the coolest one there.

Welcome baby Tobias!

2 comments: