Feb 5, 2012

Ha.

So I never finished NaNoWriMo.  I got about 20% done and hit a point where I was just over it.  Not that my writing was bad or anything, in fact, some of what I did write was quite good. It's just that I realized that writing a memoir in my early 20s is perhaps a little early and I'll just wait until I have more stories to tell.  Plus work and other responsibilities really robbed me of my energy and I couldn't muster up any amount of productivity afterwards.  Also, if this and other blogs are any indication, it's possible that I don't really like writing that much, or at least not about my life.

Speaking of my life, things are going alright here in good old Rexburg.  I've still got my job, and Nathan is still going to school.  His graduation date has been pushed back from July to December.  I can't pretend I'm completely over it, as moving out of eastern Idaho in August seems infinitely better than moving during the winter.  Plus, as much as Rexburg is growing on us, we're both quite eager to move on to the next stage in our lives.

I've recently begun taking more of an active interest in my appearance.  I've never been a particularly vain person but I don't think there's anything wrong with attempting a little vanity.  I finished Accutane in November or something and in the couple months since the therapy ended, my skin has transformed from a dry, cracked wasteland (side effect) into basically the best skin ever.

(Tangent: I hate it when you start puberty and you get zits and everyone's like, oh this will all go away once you get out of your teen years. This is a mega lie.  Your acne will cease to plague you whenever it feels like it, or never.  Or until you realize that freaking Clearasil isn't going to cure you of this skin disease and seek help from a dermatologist.  I hate those liars who try to placate you during your teen years saying your terrible skin become beautiful once you turn twenty.)

Back to my beautiful skin.  I've been a capable makeup-applier for many years--in fact, I did my own makeup for my wedding, way before Kate Middleton made it "cool"--but I have generally lacked the ability to care enough to put on makeup every day.  Recently I decided that since I have nice skin for the first time in 12 or so years, I might as well try to look my best.  I won't admit how long it's been since I plucked my eyebrows, but I plucked them last week and my hotness quotient went up about 10% per eyebrow.

Besides my face being amazing, I have also been working out at the school's fitness center a lot.  Nathan has been coming too, but I would work out for 2 hours if he'd let me, and he's usually wiped out after about half an hour.  My Wii Fit keeps telling me I am bordering on obese and that is very annoying to me, mostly because it uses BMI as the scale and if you haven't heard, BMI IS A JOKE.  Wii Fit is the bomb, but I can't read my Kindle while I'm pretending to hula hoop, so instead I just sit on an exercise bike forever and read books.

I heard from like 50,000 different sources that pregnancy and giving birth is way easier if you're fit when you get pregnant, because you can keep working out for most of your pregnancy and since I will be pregnant at some point in the future, I figured I might as well start now.  A stitch in time saves nine and all that.  I've been at it for about a month and there has been a dramatic decrease in the amount of back fat I have.  It's nice to see results.  We've also been eating less food but healthier food.  So go us!

Nathan's doing well in all of his classes this semester, which is giving me one less thing to be super anxious about.  I spend the majority of my waking hours in a state of nearly overwhelming anxiety and I don't know what I would do without Nathan.  You know he does the dishes all the time and cooks sometimes and does all the laundry?  Someone must have raised him right because when he's not doing homework, he does everything he can to make things easier on me.  Props to Nathan for being awesome! <3

That's about it for tonight.  Maybe I'll blog again in another 5 months.  See you then.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say how much I love, adore, and miss you? You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally didn't finish NaNoWriMo either. Ha.

    ReplyDelete